Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Divorce, and Dr. Phil: DEAL!

Nigel comments that Casey did Dr. Phil after all.

Casey expounds at length on the process, in a post that has since been deleted:

On Saturday I did a whole day of field taping for the Dr. Phil show. I’m pretty used to the drill by now. All the practice in the past. I think this segment will be the best one yet.

On Wednesday I’m going into the studio. I’m excited. My first studio experience! (Well, except Suzi Orman, but it was a remote call-in studio). The show will air in a few weeks.

But he's burying the lede:

Lets go back a few days. I found out from my parents that I got served divorce paperwork.
...
This is it. I am getting divorced. Man, do I hate the sound of it. Sounds so foreign. We had such a great start. We both believed in “till death do us part”. Is this really happening to me?

Accepting reality is tough sometimes. My emotions did a number on me last couple of days. I started thinking about anything I can do. Anything to get her back.

Accepting reality is tough? How exactly would you know that? My absolute favorite line is the first one here:
But how am I going to pay off my $500K of defaulted debt with a JOB?

Doing the foreclosure book / blog (and related services) is still my best opportunity to accomplish that. Especially now that I have Damion Lupo as my partner.

My rhetorical question would be, how am I going to pay off this debt WITHOUT a JOB? Once again, income is "limiting". Because actual income is a concrete number, not having income means you have unlimited "potential income".

Later, in a comment on that same thread, he whines:
Man, I still wonder if being back online is a huge mistake. I couldn’t sleep last night, thinking about it.

I know she’s giving me a clear sign that its over. But if we were still together she wouldn’t want me back online. She doesn’t want any of this publicity and wants to live a quiet life.

What if she is just testing me to see if I’m willing to REALLY give all this stuff up for her?

Because I’m definitely willing. Before I wasn’t. Now I am. So maybe I’m shooting myself in the foot by coming back.

This is insane!

That’s OK, I’ll ask Dr. Phil about this. Hopefully he will give me some direct advice.

No comments: